A GLUM DAY

"Until we have loved an animal, a part of our soul remains  unawakened." Anatoly France




In the past several years we have lost some precious furry children to cancer and other ailments... Despite valiant efforts by our very capable vet.



Mysti


Sizzler


Chloe
And another to kidney failur
e....Pookie

and her son, Tucker


And today we lost another to old age:

Sammi


Lately I feel like my cup runneth over with heartbreak.
I know that we all experience losses in our lives, especially those of us who are animal lovers and we have to just accept and move on. Knowing that doesn't always ease the pain as we go through our daily routines not seeing them, hearing them and feeling them. I have always tried to cope with my losses by getting another pet, or two, to love anew and it does help but they take up a new space in our hearts while the old spaces are still  filled with sadness until time eases the ache and we are able to move on. I know a lot of you know what I am talking about. 


 WE are forever indebted to these precious souls for the warmth, affection and devotion they have lavished upon us every single day. I really do hope there will be pets in heaven. 


Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!