I HAVE A THANKFUL SPIRIT




Happy Sunday! Today, this day, that the Lord has made,  I choose to forget the chaos our world is in and concentrate on MY ordinary world and what I'm thankful for. Weather wise it is not a good day. It rained last night and it's overcast but rain is good! So, let's get beyond all that and reach into our minds, or our computers, for something pretty. There's so much for us to be thankful for! When I was growing up we always ate as a family what we called " supper ".  As children we were taught to say a "blessing": 

 
  Thank you for the world so sweet, thank you for food we eat,  thank        you for the birds that sing, Thank you God for everything. Amen

Sadly, nowadays there's a lot less of a family eating at the dinner table together let alone thanking God for what's on it. 

   I think that when we have a thankful and grateful heart it's easier to cope with what life throws at us. Being thankful can change our entire mindset.

 The emergence of Spring gives us a lot to be thankful for, mainly that we weathered another winter! After all, if we hadn't had such a hard Winter we wouldn't  enjoy such a pleasant Spring. Let's look at images that I have collected. Some I have taken and others I have borrowed from the web.  I have tried to give credit when I have known the sources.

Flowers







 Ocean

 AS ISLANDERS IT'S EASY TO TAKE THE OCEAN FOR GRANTED...As fisherman will tell you,  never let your guard down when you are in it or on it.



(picture taken by my sil, Jean)

(Picture used by permission, A Big sky, in Scotland.)


Looking Up...




Looking around...





Just a small sampling  of Spring in my everyday world. Hope you are enjoying your surroundings.


A mama and her chick. So cute. 
taken by Henny Penny.


Have a great week!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HEALTH IS WEALTH