AFTER THE STORM

 


IASIAS

Hello dear ones, it's me again.  We are a bit weather worn here at Deer Haven.  The tropical storm we had a couple of days ago left us soggy and beaten up a bit. We had flooding for about four hours that was unbelievable at the time it was happening. Roger worked like an idiot trying to keep the water out of the family room. It had run down our driveway like a tidal wave and flooded our garage and walkway into the house. If you have been reading my blog you will know what I mean by walkway because I posted pictures of it a few posts ago. The clean up was a bummer.  We have been very busy! 

Yesterday we received more rain! Today I walked around the house to assess the damage done to my beloved Rose of Sharon and butterfly bushes. I took a multitude of pictures because you just never know from day to day what is going to happen weatherwise around here. Our little town of Hellertown just five minutes from our house had lots of flooding and damage. It was closed off to the public but is open now. 

Every bush, tree, and flower took a beating and even the butterflies look a bit bedraggled.  I was surprised to only see ONE butterfly (Eastern Tiger Swallowtail) on the bushes! Other years there would be lots of them because they love butterfly bushes. Only ONE bee also. Sad.
















 


Zeppe came outside with Lucy and me. He planted himself on the shelf under the glass patio table. I have a board there so that I can put the food on it for the stray cat that comes around and it stays out of the rain. Lucy is trying to see what Zeppe is up to. 

The sky still looks a little threatening and we are supposed to get more showers later. ugh.

HAPPY SHOPPING



 I decided it was time for some painting changes on our family/living room wall. I had 3 paintings framed and have one more at the framers. They are ocean scenes. I did have some problems photographing them because catching reflections but you can get a pretty good view of them. The one reminds me a bit of Stonington harbor on the Island. I photographed it funny so I wouldn't get the reflections from the windows.

I must say that I DO NOT like the new Blogger interface!! It has taken me forever to upload my photos and figure out how to edit them, delete, etc, but I guess that it is here to stay so along with all the other changes in our lives I will have to put up and shut up about it. 

Lucy, sharing my chair,  was trying to tell me that I was taking too long. She wanted to move on to other activities. 





Take care and talk to you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!