WHAT A DAY!


Hello lovely people! Today is December 1st, the first day of Advent. The weather is ATROCIOUS outside. WIND and rain. I hope there are no boats in distress today.  That worry brought to mind my collection of lighthouse photos of Maine. 

And THAT brought to mind how much I admire your blog header designs.  I wish I knew how you do it. Would you care to share? 💖

Staying in is not hard for me to do ever! Especially with a computer.  I am a definite homebody but do miss my family and having lunch with friends. My corner of the world can seem very small at times though. Especially here on the Island. The old homestead is not as large as my house in Pennsylvania but is a bit sprawling.

 My bedroom is on the back side of the house and is warm and cozy, most of the time, depending on how well the furnace is working, the direction of the wind and how cold it is outside, lol.  I have lots of stuff in here. In fact, I just constructed a huge 6 shelf unit to put my yarn, etc, on, including my tool box. I am a poor excuse of a fixer of problems but I try my best. I have a reciprocal saw and a drill, a hammer, screwdrivers and an assortment of screws, nails, drill bits and some duck tape.  Recently I had to make a new attic hole cover using the reciprocal saw and a piece of plywood. I was cutting the wood out on the little deck and thought it was hard going only to realize that the end of the blade had cut through the deck board! 

We do have a handy man but his prices are exorbitant. His last visit here was to install a new storm door, on Sunday! My poor checkbook is missing a huge chunk of money but having a new door is lovely.

Today I will be doing some Christmas decorating and make my easy recipe of baked ziti. 


BAKED ZITI

24 oz and spaghetti sauce

3 cups chicken broth

2 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp dried oregano

16 oz uncooked ziti pasta

1 lb ground beef

1.5 cup sour cream

8 oz provolone cheese slices

1 c shredded mozzarella cheese

1.5 cup grated parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread half of uncooked ziti in bottom of  9x13 ( or larger!) pan.

Distribute provolone cheese and sour cream over pasta.

Break uncooked beef in small pieces and distribute over casserole.

Top with remaining pasta and ground beef.

In a large bowl mix together spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, oregano and garlic powder. Pour over top of casserole.

 Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes.

Pasta should be al dente and meat should be cooked.

Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese over casserole and return to oven uncovered.

Bake  10-15 more minutes until sauce is bubbly and  cheese is melted and brown to your liking. 

Freezes well!




💕


Comments

  1. Had to smile a bit at your cutting into your deck. Something I would have done. Sorry you can't find a handy man more reasonable. A good one is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your efforts to cut the piece yourself. Cutting the deck is the least of what I’d manage in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if it is any comfort...putting in a storm door is difficult. We always hire someone to do that, even though my husband can basically remodel almost any other part of our house. As for the background photo. First shrink your photo if it is too large. If my photos are around 8 to 12 MG I edit and resize down to just a fraction, usually 10 to 20%....around 180 kb. I think it allows more but I can't remember.

    Then, in your settings, click on "theme" in the left column. Then click on "customize" (the word, not the down arrow there) at the top of that page near the center where it says "my theme" and shows a blog example. on the left after you click, you'll see "background" "background image" and you can click on "change image" and then I usually upload it from my computer in my picture file. Good luck! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are quite adventurous . I would never attempt fixing things up myself. The reason is that I would likely make it worse. I love all your lighthouse pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, Susan, I also have a toolbox which has traveled from NJ to VA to NH and now it sits in the back of the hall closet. Luckily, my husband has a lot of tools and is quite handy and living in the mill apt we don't have to make repairs ourselves, just notify maintenance when there is a problem and they are fairly quick about responding. Better to have had someone else put in the storm door, despite the expense. Our weather on Monday was windy and rainy all day and indoors was the place to be so I started my holiday card writing and will continue this week,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hopeless at DIY and would have no idea how to do the simplest repair job around the house. I had a hard job resizing my photo to fit the blog header and it's not how I really wanted it to be. The photo even had someone fooled not knowing what it was meant to be. It's a photo of lots of razor shells alongside a groyne on the beach, it's staying as it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely a home bird too, lockdown hasn't affected me as badly as it has some people as I'm quite happy pottering in the house and I enjoy my own company too. I hope you wake to better weather today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the recipe! I copied it and it is actually one I might try one of these days.

    I don't mind being home for the most part...just a bit worrisome when we do have to get out. It has given me a much, much needed break from going and sitting an hour or two at McDonald's or hardees every morn. I was told by a psychiatrist that it was very good for Roger to get out like that, but he seems to be pretty good with going through the drive through.

    I am rambling...love your collage of the lighthouses...have you heard the song The Lighthouse's Tale by Nickel Creek?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that is how many men cut their knees! Be careful! I use a program called Memory Mixer to create my blog headers and I change them with the seasons.
    (It is a scrapbook digital program)
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your recipe! It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! And if I do not always leave a reply please know that I read and treasure each one.💖

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HEALTH IS WEALTH