GOOD MORNING TO YOU....showing you HOOKY love today


Hi there! It's a cold one here, -6 as I write this on a sunny Thursday in the last week of February. I know that I am not posting as often as I used to when I first started this blog about a year ago now. I am having a real problem uploading pictures to the blog and I can't seem to figure out how to correct the problem. I have spent many hours trying to no avail. This morning is no different but I am in hopes of having someone come in soon who has more expertise in computer technology than I do. In the meantime I have switched over to my Kindle Fire in the hope it's not a Blogger problem but a computer one.




First of all it's been a busy month hooky wise. I have managed a bunch of finishes. Mostly hearts in one shape or another. I did a bunch of them to make into a bunting to string up in the family room. The hearts are made but the bunting will have to wait until next year in time for Valentine decorations.
Then I crocheted a bunch of little doilies in whatever colors I had number 10 thread available. I managed to find some pretty pastels and a few bright colors. I suppose these could also be used for Easter figurines or coasters.




Since I didn't get around to much Winter hooking before the season started I decided not to wait and repeat my lax-a-daisy-ness, lol, and get a head start for next year. I have started several snowflake throws. Aqua for me but when I had run out of my skein I discovered that was it. No problem, I will order some online, nope, nothing. I sure hope that it hasn't been discontinued. What will I do with 10 or 12 aqua snowflakes. Joann was the site of my original purchase but no luck there either.  In case you are wondering why in the world I would choose that color I will tell you. My color scheme in the living room is mostly turquoise and shades of blues, greens, etc.  I had the idea that if I did one up to match I could keep it in place for the whole winter season and not just Christmas. I have also started one in green to give as a gift to a family member on her birthday or for Christmas. Couldn't find more of the colors needed for the completion of  the 3  throws I'd like to finish up while there's still snow on the ground and I'm in the mood. By the way, the pattern came from a blog I follow, Betsy Makes. 








Now, let's see, what else have I been hooking...oh, yes, a red and white (as in peppermint) ripple blanket using Lucy's pattern from Attic24. Can you believe I had the most awful time getting it to lie flat. Such a simple pattern and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong. Then, after frogging it several times, it came to me. I was using 2 different size yarns. One was a 4 and the other was just a bit thinner but not sock yarn. They both are Red Heart, one is Simply Soft Party and the other is Red Heart Party. Again, I am trying to find a red and white that match size wise but the supply out there is gone and I might have to wait until it gets into the summer when they will probably resupply for holiday crafting. Oh, the joys and frustrations of being a crafter out of season!



Lest you think I am all starts with no completions I want to show off my Chunky Poncho.



I subscribe to a blog called FAVECRAFTS.COM and the other day I discovered a pattern on their site for an easy poncho. My daughter mentioned that she has a hard time feeling warm when the rest of the family is complaining about the house being too warm. So, I decided to do this poncho up and see what she thought. It took one day to finish the project using super chunky yarn that I  had on hand and a size "P" hook. I have yet to give it to her, I did the hooking on Tuesday of this week and she lives in the Pocono Mts about an hour away. I will send it up to her on the weekend when the grandsons are dropped off by their dad for a stay over for several days. 



ON THE HOME FRONT



Our big baby, Mysti-Moo, as she is called most of the time, is still limping around on three legs after a considerable amount of time. She is in no pain but refuses to put weight on her hind leg. She's afraid of getting in and out of cars so it's a major hassle taking her to the vet. However it's time we deal with it. Can't send her to the groomer as she is. Wish us luck. 

Until next time a pretty photo to remind us of what is to come...the sooner the better!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED

RAINY DAY MUSINGS

BEING GOOD TO ME