LONG DAYS OF SUMMER ARE OVER

The Lake Roger likes to take his boat to. 

Colors, they are achanging around here. A time to clean up and close up. I am at home in PA  and  looking around me I can see lots of work ahead of me (Roger). It's a pretty day out there. A coolness in the air that is most welcome after the heat and humidity of last week.  Hubby is working with my son for most of this month in his Pool business to get over a hundred swimming pools winterized. Yesterday we took some time to enjoy the changes in the Poconos. We took the dogs with us and gave them a walk around the lake. 




Before I let go of Summer here on the blog I want to include some pictures taken in Maine when my daughter and grandson visited with Mom and I on the Island. (I like to record the high lights of my "Ordinary Life" here since it's easier then looking back through a thousand photos in my web albums.) They stayed in "the camper" or what I used to call my nest back when my dad was still alive. I would visit them off and on and "glamped" beside their house hooked up to all their facilities. I do miss those days. Every sound was so up close and personal, especially the sea breezes coming through the open windows and the squawking of the gulls as they woke me each morning carrying on a conversation  above my head on the roof. 


We headed out for Bar Harbor one fine day and visited Acadia National Park. It was hot, up over 90, and windy. The surf was up and it was so exhilarating! Josh, age 9, loved it. He did have one mishap though. At Sand Beach the waves were rolling in, he tried to run backwards to get away from it, stumbled and it washed over him. I wish I could have caught all that on camera. He was startled but took it all in stride and dried out eventually. 










Thanks to the far reaching effects of hurricane Irma, Thunder Hole was awesome!  Those of you who go to or have gone to the Park you will appreciate this photo of it. The conditions of wind and surf and tide have to be just right. We weren't allowed to go down to the end of the fenced in area but still managed to feel the anticipation of a good wave (will this be the one??) and hear the roar as it smashed into the opening between the rocks. Wow!

Before heading home our last stop in the Park was Cadillac Mountain. Such a lovely view up there. You can see the town of Bar Harbor down below. When we arrived in the Park there were three cruise ships down below but all but one had left with the third heading out while we were on the mountain. Josh wanted to see the ships and I said we would go down into B.H. before we left but the sun was getting low in the sky so it didn't happen. With my eye problems (Macular Degeneration) I don't like to drive after dark if I can help it. However, I did keep another promise and that was to stop at Mikey D's in Ellsworth on the way home so he could have a Big Mac. 

Josh loving his new jacket his mom bought him at the gift shop on the mountain. It was windy but not cold.

 

I love lighthouses and this one was way, way out there but I zoomed it in as far as I could. 



We are back at home in PA now trying to get back into a routine. I am working on hand quilting a pumpkin wall hanging and today I really must wash some outside windows.....after I try to get the chipmunk out of the house that Neffie, our cat, just brought in through the cat door.  Have a great day! 


xx

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!