SHADES

I am so ready for Spring!  Bright colors, warmer days, sunshine, the music birds make, green grass,  fresh air without the bite of freezing cold on my face and hands as I walk  the dogs on our daily jaunt around the property. We have had warmer temps, rain and wind for several days so most of our snow is gone here in Bethlehem.  There's not a lot going on here. Just mundane things like dentist appointments, car repairs, funace problems again, stomach virus, vet appointment for Lucy's stomach bump. Today Roger is back at the garage for an inspection on his truck. Hopefully, it will pass without the problems of his jeep when he had to have work done on the gas tank. Better days must be coming! I am a bit depressed I think today. I feel overwhelmed with all that I have to do before I can leave to go back up to Maine and deal with all that goes on there. I have been quite lazy the past few weeks and now I have a house to clean (we no longer have a cleaning lady, thanks to hubby) and a quilt to get started on, a crochet project I wanted to start, one in the middle that I had hoped to finish, friends I should have called, shopping list of things I need to buy before heading back up north and so on.  I know that I should just pick one item on my list and get on with it but I am very unmotivated.

The good news is that hubby has bought me a new camera. I am so excited!  It should arrive from Amazon tomorrow. I hope to have a good day to take it for a test run! I love clicking away and then seeing what I have that's useable. It's time consuming so I guess I should get something done today before the big distraction tomorrow! Watch this spot for pretty pictures in the future!

Cooking.... what to make for supper tonight?? Roger loves soups and they are certainly easy to make, just look  in the fridge and cupboards to see what's available and throw it all together in a pot, some stock and a few spices and viola! there you have it! It's amazing how Campbell's cream of's and some cheese and a package of ranch dressing can flavor a bunch of veggies and some meat or chicken in a soup.

So, that taken care of, next item: Sewing room and quilt: Cut up all fabric needed into 5 inch squares and 1 1/2 inch squares. Package these into plastic baggies to take to Maine to sew there into "snowballs". I will need lots! This should take me several hours because due to back issues and not being able to stand and bend over a cutting table for more than 30 minutes at a time I will be taking lots of breaks to catch up on other people's blogs. I have subscribed to a bunch of them that come in my mailbox daily.

By that time the soup will have to be started, dogs walked and fed plus the cat, and a heating pad in  my comfy chair will be waiting for me. Roger and I have a bunch of new DVDs we are working our way through(Elementary, Blacklist, Midsomer Murders) when we aren't watching PBS.😊







A few of my deer in Maine that I feed cracked corn. 






Red bellied woodpecker at Roger's feeder.


Island Musings



Ruth's Photos




May your cup overflow with blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!