PUSSY WILLOWS

Hello, how is your week going? Mine is wayyy better since I last wrote. I  am pretty much healed from my patio mishap with the exception of back spasms. Our weather was in the 70's again today. Magnolia, pear, Forsythia, and other trees are blooming  crazy with beautiful colors! Such a relief to see it all happening finally. So much work outside that needs to be done but we won't talk about that.


A field of daffodils.
I saw this and wanted to share - a bit silly but there you have it.  It brought back memories of my childhood. We met the school bus in an area where pussy willows grew in abundance in the Spring time. I haven't seen any in years. 
Roger and I have been out and about. He started work on Tuesday. Monday he took my car in for an oil change and 2 new tires. Today I must go shopping and have my hair cut. If I feel up to it I might get a manicure. That always gives me a big boost in my self esteem:-) .

I met a friend for lunch on Tuesday and we visited for over three hours at a favorite restaurant catching up. It was a great day to get out, 72 degrees. I just love šŸ’˜ a good natter with like minded girlfriends, don't you? Especially when it's been awhile. This friend doesn't own a computer so when I'm in Maine we communicate via snail mail. I have a penpal in Alberta, Canada  who also doesn't use a computer. Rare in this age of cyberism. Is that a word?? 

How about a photo of a sunset through the trees...


 We celebrated my grandson's 15th birthday here on Saturday. Logan is such a good kid,  quiet and shy. He loves photography and collects old cameras. He and his brother love computer games and I consider Logan a computer whiz. We had pizza and cake and enjoyed some family time. I wasn't able to get a picture, the battery was dead in my camera. ...all 3 of them! Bummer!



This time next week I will be back in Maine on the Island. It's been wonderful being home here in Bethlehem for over 2 months. But Mom is lonely and is having some issues with her leg. I'll be taking her to her doctor, getting the house cleaned, etc. She has her 92nd birthday on the 27th! 

I'm thinking I might take an extra day, going up, stay over in New Hampshire near Mt  Washington to take some photos. It's been many years since I was last there. I usually have these ideas in my head but when it comes time to make them happen I just don't have the gumption...


Mt Washington Inn with it's name sake behind it.

Mom said they received about 5 inches of snow in their last storm. Unbelievable difference between here and there! I am not looking forward to revisiting winter weather.  

šŸ’– Until next time šŸ’–

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!