THE MORNING SMILED









It's a beautiful morning in our neighborhood on this Sunday. I have enjoyed the new colors on our little patch this past week. The weather has been spectacular with 70 degrees most days. I ventured out to shop and have my hair cut, have lunch with a friend. The rest of the time I have been doing laundry and washing windows, giving dogs baths, cooking healthy meals and cleaning this large and sprawling house. Due to my back issues I take lots of breaks to crochet on my latest blanket, Sweet Pea, eat a bit (?) of chocolate and watch old episodes of NCIS on dvd. Since being home here in Bethlehem I have avoided watching TV. Especially the news. When I'm driving I listening to Fox to catch up but my trips are short ones; everything I need is within a few miles, so no chance to fill my mind with political overload. 

Today is Palm Sunday and Roger and I should have made more of an effort to get these tired bones up and out the door to church. I do feel guilty. Roger is tired (still sleeping)  from working, helping Mark (my son) with his pool openings. This will go on until Memorial day when he (Roger) will stop until Fall when he will help with pool closings. They do several hundred pools so it's quite intensive work, long hours while it is happening.  Mark's business has many facets but Roger's contribution is small, thank goodness, because he is not getting any younger. He has kept himself fit due to a lifetime hobby of weight lifting and not eating sweets. I, on the other hand, have " let myself go" big time. But we won't go into that!










I  leave Bethlehem in a few days to head back up to Maine to the Island to take care of Mom for a couple of months. She is missing me and there's lots to do there. In the days ahead there will be ocean scenes again. I am looking forward to seeing Mom, getting vitamin sea, but will miss my family and fur babies. The weather and season up there is about a month behind us here so it will be like going back in time for me, lol.


Until next time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!