NAME THEM ONE BY ONE

☔☔☔☔☔
Well's Beach, Maine
☔☔☔☔☔

November Storm
☔☔☔☔☔

Wild Ocean

☔☔☔☔☔

Die-hard beach walkers
☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔☔

Today is Thanksgiving Day. We are having a stormy day here on the coast of Maine. These photos were taken in southern coastal Maine on my way here a little over a week ago. It was stormy that day also; wind and rain and cold.

Blessings



  Lately a hymn that I've  been singing at church since I was  knee high to a grasshopper has been going through my mind: 'Count Your Many Blessings'...Count your many blessings, name them one by one, count your many blessings, see what God has done...
It has caused me to reflect upon this past year and the many ways I've been blessed, not just being thankful for my faith, my family and my freedoms but in many smaller but significant, to me, ways too.  I thought that I would  record a few so that I can reflect back next year to see what had been special to me this year.  I can think of some personal breakthroughs involving family that are precious to me but those are not mine to share so I will stick to this person, moi. 
Well, a biggy blessing is my ability to see...I have "wet" macular degeneration in my left eye and "dry" in my right eye. My mother, who also has the same affliction, has lost her vision in one of her eyes. So, I am definitely blessed to have insurance coverage to pay for the expensive medication that has been injected into my eye every month for the last 8 years or so. So far it has improved and stabilized my eyesight so that I can not only keep on driving but can keep on reading, crocheting, and clicking away on my camera. 😊



Let Go!


Another minor blessing but very important one to me is to just let go of everyday frustrations. I have worked hard on this one.
For many years Roger and I have been at odds on planning for old age. You can chuckle but after losing my first husband of almost 35 years of marriage, thinking we had plenty of time ahead of us to make plans and then dealing with my parents lack of end of life planning (not even a will) it was brought home to me that no matter what age we are we should all be thinking about our futures in one form or another. I will be 70 years old in January! Where have the years gone? I want to get rid of extraneous "things", downsize the house and land to make our lives not only easier but less of a burden financially. But hubby, who is 4 years older than me,  is drifting along on a calm and complacent sea oblivious to a possible storm on the horizon. I'm happy to say I no longer nag, email him property listings of nice little cottages on a half acre of land and I ignore the 'new' antique furniture he has acquired when I go home from my "stayings" with Mom...Or the additional wheelbarrow, tractor, (he's up to four now) or the boxes of vinyl records and books from the thrift store. Yes, it's an ongoing work in progress, this letting go thing, but I'm thankful we have each other.



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

I am also thankful for my mother's improvement in both her physical and emotional health and the fact that she is still mobile even though she uses a walker and goes out to appointments in a wheelchair.  It's wonderful to hear her laugh, tell stories about her and Dad's life together (sometimes over and over again but I don't mind) and know that she is not suffering. We saw her doctor a few days ago for a checkup and she has made giant improvements! She was thrilled to hear she doesn't have to go back for 4 months. As was I! When her life is easier mine is also.


My car at the entrance to Wells Beach last week. 

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁


And, lastly, I am thankful for dear friendships that make life sweeter. 


🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁


Be Happy

🌅

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!