A Quiet Life

Hello dear friends! I hope you are staying well and your life is stress-free. As for me, I am still in Maine (will I ever see Bethlehem again??) taking care of my mother. She has a birthday this month - 93 years young. 

Maine has 117 cases of coronavirus right now. 17 have died? Most of those are nursing home residents. Can't really remember but it's less than 20. Everyone I know is following the guidelines. I won't have to go out until next week. 

Would you like a chuckle or two? These came from PHAMILYBLOG...ISOLATION OBSERVATIONS.

Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

I need to practice social distancing from the refrigerator.

I used to spin that toilet paper roll like it was wheel of fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat.  It was obvious she thought the cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog...we laughed a lot.

Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meals. I have no clue how that place is still in business.

Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

I'm so excited...it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Living room.

So,  after this quarantine...Will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under.


We are doing fine. Staying in has not been a hardship for either of us. Mom rarely leaves the house only to go to her doctor. I have always liked being at home whether I'm here or in Bethlehem, PA. I would be lying if I said I wasn't homesick. I've been here for 5 months!! I just have to keep looking for the sunshine! I think Pooh Bear said that.😃 I am keeping busy. I have a twin size blanket I am working on (crocheting) and today I set up my sewing machine to make face  masks. Mostly I have been reading. My favorite books are murder mysteries, especially those written by UK authors. Also crime fiction. I read almost exclusively on my Kindle Fire tablet. I  can enlarge the font.  And I belong to Bookbub...  Some free and others discounted. However,  sometimes I crave comfort reading, especially lately. There are a lot of books  in my cyber library on Goodreads.  Books like "Miss Read" to name one series I enjoyed immensely some years ago.  This time around,  D.E. Stevenson's  books are doing a good job of helping me escape reality.  Her "Mrs Tim" books (a set of four) were lovely reading and based on her own experiences. They take place in England  during the war. She wrote over twenty books I think,  so I  have a ways to go yet. I have just finished a cozy book called "Constable on the prowl" by Nicholas Rhea. It's quite humorous and gives some insight on policing in the villages of England in days gone by. 



 And then there is Youtube. Need I say more! Roger and I are big fans of the Murdoch Mysteries. The character known as " George " cracks us up, lol. Well, I found him,  Jonny Harris, on YT. He does an interesting travel show, called STILL STANDING. He travels by train, plane, or van  to out of the way and little known places in Canada. It highlights the people and sights then culminates in a standup comedy routine at the village hall or wherever. It is very well done and so good!

Summer neighbor's house, taken last night when it was snowing, across from Mom's.

Last night was wild weather-wise. Snow and  40 mph wind began later in the afternoon and went on all night. The 10 pm news and weather said over a 100,000 had lost power up to that point in the storm. I heard our generator click on during the night. In April even,  a few days before Easter! Today it's cold, breezy and slushy. We only received a couple inches of wet, heavy snow. However, 20 miles inland is a whole different scenario. Heavy accumulations.


And sadness is being felt over the death yesterday of a cove resident. She was a childhood neighbor and friend but we weren't all that close. Linda had 4 sisters and 5 brothers! She was married very young and moved away. I lost touch with her at that point. Many years later she moved back to the cove but was housebound with a strange illness. Every time I drove by her house I thought about stopping in and reconnecting but I didn't. Being an introvert, it's sometimes hard to make the first move. I regret it now.💜


THROUGH MY KITCHEN WINDOW

Sleet started our Spring snowstorm

I have been enjoying our visiting critters to our side yard. I realized I didn't have any new pictures to post so I quickly took some yesterday morning and at dusk the day before. I was able to get one decent picture of the moon a little later.  I needed a tripod. My moons were all over the place. After about 20 tries I gave up. 




 "Bubba boy" is growing up. He made it through his second hunting season in 2019. He had a twin that wasn't so lucky. He/she  hasn't been seen since their first hunting season in 2018. 😞  Their father was an albino shot in 2017 by hunters.  So sad
and it makes me mad!
Mr Mallard. He looks like he has something attached to his head but he doesn't! 💖









Foxy stops by occasionally to see if there are any seeds left. 

















Red squirrel.


Mr and Mrs Seagull waiting for me to throw out some bread. 
🙏🙏🙏🐰🐰🐰🙏🙏🙏

So, Easter is Sunday. I am going to treat Mom and me to a prime rib meal from Harbor Cafe in Stonington. I will pick it up Saturday evening since they are not open on Sunday. Neither of us can eat ham. We will watch an Easter service on TV.  Family will call. I haven't yet taken the leap to Skype or Zoom. Have you?


"He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed."






💖 Stay Safe💖


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!