TAKING SMALL STEPS


Hello dear friends! I hope you are all well. Our outside surroundings are pretty somber still and it matches our mood most of the time inside, unfortunately. Mom, especially, is still very much devastated and struggling to cope with the loss of her son and beloved cat.

 However, we are taking baby steps and each day brings us closer to the sun. I was delighted to see our neighbor's daffodils yesterday on my walk. It reminded me of my home in Bethlehem where, right now, everything is in full bloom and gorgeous! Oh, joy! I can picture it all in my mind! 










 It brings to mind a few lines of a lovely poem written by Wilhelmina Sitch, 1888, about Spring... 

Were I to live a thousand years
I would know that flaming thrill,
That rush of joy when first appears-
The golden daffodil.

A thousand times my heart would sing
When purple irises unfold;
Or when forsythia's branches bring, 
Their dazzling showers of gold.









I hope you have enjoyed my trip home, if only in my mind! 

Much love, 


πŸ’– SusanπŸ’–

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!