THERE ARE NO STRANGERS HERE

 

Hello bloggy friends. I hope you are all well and happy out there in the world. It’s beautiful here in Maine on Little Deer Isle. The LUPINES are everywhere as are the LILACS. They all just grow wild and free wherever they are allowed. Windows and doors are open, cottages are being opened  up for the Summer, boats are launched, and the lobster fishermen have set out their traps. What a lovely time of year. 


 


 

Remembering


Mom

On Memorial Day my dear mother changed her earthly address for a heavenly one. Last week she suffered a massive stroke on Thursday. A day that will be etched in my memory forever. And, I will miss her, I DO miss her. She was a dear sweet woman with a core of iron…under a veneer of fragility. And, like this last red rose that my brother gave her, she could not live forever here on earth but she is certainly blooming in Paradise with her beloved husband and other loved ones. Her favorite Psalm was 100. And her favorite hymn was IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. ❤️

She was 94 years old.

Meanwhile

The visits and activities going on outside my kitchen window continue to entertain me and keep me grounded as I adjust to living the next chapter of my life without my mother in it. I find solace looking out this small window over the sink…it connects me with her because it was for her benefit that I started feeding the birds in the first place. She was thrilled when deer, foxes, turkeys, ducks and even porcupines visited in her side yard. She would report to me what was going on as she propelled her walker around the kitchen fixing herself a cup of tea. 

She loved animals










She loved me and I loved her. 
She will always live in my heart.


She .missed Dad and her hearts desire was to be reunited with him.I'm glad her wish finally came true.
Thankfully, I had five years to be with her at the end of her life,  not just as a daughter but as a best friend.





Today I look forward to having lunch with a close friend. Its flat calm on the the ocean. Not a ripple to be seen from my window. I have a to do list in my mind but for today I will just go with the flow. This ole house is not happy without Mom. Already the complaints have begun…gas leak in the dryer, no hot water,    septic issues, and the kitchen faucet is leaking like crazy. I kid you not. 


As always, I wish you all a great day out there and thanks for stopping by…




I hold onto this …when the “seas” become turbulent … and sadness consumes me...


Susan

💕


Comments

  1. My deepest sympathies on the loss of your mother, Susan. May her soul rest in peace. I know you are glad you were able to be there for her until the very end. Take comfort in the knowledge that you did everything you possibly could to take care of her. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear of your dear mother’s passing. No matter her age or yours, it is never easy to lose your mom.

    She was blessed to have you with her over those years. What special time for both of you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry your mother has passed away. I know it will be hard for you to get used to the house without her earthly presence. My mom and yours are the same age.
    Your flowers, birds, and four-legged creatures are so lovely and will, I hope, bring you comfort in these days as you remember your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand that it is hard going on without her, but I am pretty sure she would want you to move forward and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry that you lost your Mother. I know you have been her constant force and for that I'm sure she was grateful and you can be too. You can have no regrets and only gratitude for the time you got to spend together. Wishing you peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were so kind to her, a rock! I am certain you will miss her. Thank goodness she didn't have to got to a care "home" and she got to stay in her own home thanks to you! May your good memories give you some comfort. Sometimes when the last family member dies you have to mourn all the others too. Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post, Susan. In pictures and words. Your mother was cared for and loved by you and you will miss her, I know. I hope it does your heart good to know how well you cared for her. I imagine there is much ahead to do now. I pray that all goes as smoothly as possible. Hugs to you, dear lady. And my sympathies on your profound loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss Susan. That was a very moving post and I have no doubt you will miss your Mom very much. Sending much love to you to you dear lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan: My heart hurts for you and your loss, I lost my Mother four years ago, it still hurts.
    Lovely photos.
    The Daughter saying is beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a deep, deep heartache, i am saddened for you!! you (were/are) such a good daughter, you cared for her when it mattered most and loved her as much and as deeply as she loved you. you were lucky to have her, not everyone gets that mother/daughter connection!!

    this is such a beautiful tribute to mom, it sounds like she was a wonderful woman!!

    take care susan, be gentle to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, what a beautiful, touching post. I am so sorry you lost you Mother. You will always be glad you had those last five years with her. Your pictures are beautiful...the first one is breathtaking...and Lilacs! oh my goodness! Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry for your loss, Susan. But I am so happy you had time with your dear mother.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Susan, I am late in reading this post about your mom's passing and send my deepest condolences to you and your family. My late mother also passed away in her 90s and like your mom also stayed in her own home. You posted a heartfelt and loving tribute in this post and if your mother could see it she would surely be smiling at the love that shows through your words. Thanks for also sharing lovely photos with your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for your loss.
    This post is a wonderful tribute.
    My thoughts are with you.
    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! And if I do not always leave a reply please know that I read and treasure each one.💖

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HEALTH IS WEALTH