BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED









Hello there wherever you are! A little update from the person who has a very boring existence these days. Well, I guess I left off with the sale of my parents house and the divviing up of the proceeds to various family members. That open a whole lot of friction with lawyers involved. That took time and the buyers had construction workers due to start work on the house. They extended the closing date by 10 days and I was sweating bullets on the last day but it happened and is behind me now.  

Once that was over with we scheduled to have a whole house generator. Electricians, and excavators were scheduled but because of backlogs we didn’t see anyone until after Christmas. We are in a valley and we have to drive up to our road. A ditch had to be dug from our house to the road. The power company had to replace a pole and run new lines up at the road. Trees had to be cut down and huge boulders taken out of the ditch. What a mess! It rained just about every day when the were doing all 30 foot ditch was excavated from the house to the road. Then we were told our meter boxes need updating, nothing was up to code anymore. Wow! A simple generator hook up turned into major work being done. We are now on the other side of three weeks of different contractors coming and going in the house. And, of course we had no power in the house while some this excitement was going outside and in the basement. The rain has caused the ditch to sink so we will have to take care of that in the future. 

The good news is NOWhave a whole house generator and it gives us peace of mind. This house was built in 1970. Roger bought it 20 years ago from the original owners. So it’s not unusual to find that the wiring was outdated. I am just happy that I had the money to spend. This small project turned into a $30,000 price tag. The other good news is that we have a Wi-Fi that actually does what it is supposed to do. When the ditch was being dug I called our Cable/internet company so they could run their new lines. Everything with outside wires is underground on this property. 


We continue to make upgrades and changes to this property. Last year we upgraded the furnace and had heat pumps/central air installed. Our next project is to replace all the upstairs windows. 


Moving on. Our weather has been all over the place but some things don’t change. Our Cardinals use our property to nest so we always have a large number of them every year. We received about 6 inches of snow ❄️ when we were in our cold spell. After a few days it warmed up, rained for several days and this week we are in the 40’s during the warmest part of the day if the sun is shining.😊 I noticed that one of our resident deer has a covering now over his antlers.



I hope you are all well. I will pop in here next week sometime and talk about family stuff and my knitting and book’s purchased. If you are still with me could you please leave a comment. It doesn’t have to say anything just tell me what state/country you’re living. Or just a happy face/heart will do. I would like to know if there are still readers to this blog or  if I should delete it. Much appreciated. Susan💕







Comments

  1. Please don't delete your blog! I enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to read your posts although I rarely comment. Elaine, Lincolnshire, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I am a lurker to other blogs so I know what you mean. It actually depends if that blog has a lot of comments already. If not, I will comment and let that person know they are appreciated.❤️

      Delete
  3. Still here:) Glad you got the whole house generator! It might come in handy with storms:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has already. We had a bad snow storm a couple of weeks ago and lost power for 6 hours. I was so happy we didn’t have to crank up the old portable gas generator outside. We can now junk that thing. Thank you so much for being faithful to my humble blog.❤️

      Delete
  4. Please don't delete! I am always happy to read here. Beautiful shots of the beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kindness. I love your blog and it always amazes me you have such an interesting life.❤️

      Delete
  5. I am happy to read you again. Welcome back. I hope you continue to post, even if not regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, I feel an affinity with you since we are both Island natives , just in different countries! Thanks so much for sticking with me. I always love your ocean scenes.❤️

      Delete
  6. Wyoming, USA. Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Wyoming! Thanks so much for visiting! Please come back.❤️

      Delete
  7. It’s good to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there? Do you have a blog? Thanks for stopping by!❤️

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi! The NETHERLANDS ! I love that you have stopped by and I hope you make a habit of it. ❤️

      Delete
  9. I enjoy your post too!
    From Texas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! And if I do not always leave a reply please know that I read and treasure each one.💖

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!