MY FAVORITE SEASON

 Hi there! After the heat and humidity we get in Pennsylvania from May to September changing seasons and cooler temperatures is such a relief! I even like the shorter days. I love the smell of the leaves! I love the warm days and chilly nights. 



Roger has been working hard all Spring, Summer and Fall this year. Even though he has retired twice now, the first time from 21 years in the army, the second from USPS, he still HAS to be busy doing something. He likes helping my son with his swimming pool business but after 5 years I would VERY MUCH like for him to REALLY retire, lol. He was finally able to get some time and we made a trip to the Lake. It was wonderful being there without the sun beating down on us. In fact, the sky was a bit grey after awhile and we decided we should head back to the dock. But a very mild day.  And still pretty.


Threatening skies.


This past week I went up, most likely it will be my last trip this year, to celebrate my parent's 68th wedding anniversary at their home on Little Deer Isle, off the coast of Maine.


Aside from 4 straight days of rain and wind I had a good week with them. I also was able to visit my brothers in Cape Neddick and Kennebunk. They live about 4 hours from my folks. The following is a picture of Oqunquit beach at sunset.

I took my Mom to the her orthopaedic doc and surgery on her ankle will happen today. I wanted to stay for another week to see her through it but had already agreed to pet sit for my daughter so she and her family could fly to Florida for a week.So, had to head back to PA. Also Roger is having surgery on Friday. A lot going on this week!
The town of Wells as seen from Oqunquit beach at edge of dark.

The most photographed privately owned house in the state of Maine.
I love taking in some of the local sites when I am out and about in Southern Maine in the Fall or anytime for that matter, wink, wink. Tourists are at a minimum, traffic is bearable and temps are great for walking around with a camera. BUT :) , Who should I meet while walking SUMMER ST in KENNEBUNK, MAINE  (historical section), but a couple of like minded people from Quakertown, PA. Right next door to Lower Saucon Township where Roger and I live!! As they said, "small world". Anyway, that street has some very picturesque houses. Here are some of my favorites.


THE PINK HOUSE

I LOVE THIS ONE.
A better view of the pink house.






Had a hard time getting good photos due to the position of the sun at that time of day (afternoon). I was looking into the sun as I took this.

another house on the "wrong" side of the street.

A side view. The house was huge but had a line of trees acrossed the front.



And, a few doors and windows caught my eye....


A GUEST COTTAGE.






Houses and More Houses....A beach and some rocks.

Kennebunkport Beach after the 4 days of wind and rain.


BEACH HOUSES AT KENNEBUNKPORT, MAINE



IF IT'S NOT A SANDY BEACH IT'S A CRAGGY OUT CROPPING IN BETWEEN THE BEACHES.

AND, LASTLY, A TRIP TO THE AREA WOULD NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT A FEW SHOTS OF THE BUSH COMPOUND ON WALKER'S POINT!




Hope you have enjoyed my visit with you today! Since today is the 31st...






HOPE I DIDN'T SCARE YOU TOO MUCH!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!