TIS THE SEASON



 A season to celebrate our Lord's birthday and a time to make little kids (or big kids) happy because most of them can pretty much tell what they are getting for Christmas. That is if they are in the age range of my two granddaughters. My son stopped by yesterday and said that he and wife have given up on surprising the girls, age 12 and 16, because most of the time they need the girls there with them when they shop to show them what it is that will bring smiles to their faces on Christmas morning. According to him, he knows what he is getting and his wife knows what she is getting because she bought it and told him that is what he's wrapping this year. As for him, his wife can't keep a secret and has dropped so  many hints that he has figured it out.  Haha, what a hoot! 

As for us here at the Zarzky house, we are two sticks in the mud/snow. Neither one of us has a clue what to get the other because we already have too much stuff and need to part with some of it if we are ever to downsize. BUT, IF TRUTH BE TOLD, I did buy two place settings of Fiesta ware at Bontons a few months ago, handed the bag to Roger and said that this was my Christmas present. Now, I am slowly getting a good collection of the dishes and soon I will be able to clear the cupboard of dishes I have had for eons and replace them with a bright, colorful collection of Fiesta ware in 4 different colors.

Roger has been hinting that we should update our dvd collection with the latest ELEMENTARY SEASON  in the series, which is only season 2 if I remember right. So, I guess I should be getting my act together and ordering it from Amazon. We can watch it after the family has left Christmas Day and we are stuffed and a bit brain dead from getting hit in the head by 2 boys shooting their new guns, with nerf bullets, that sound like machine guns. Not to mention trying out the bow that has  arrows that stick to things. Why do we buy these things?? Could it be because we buy whatever is on their wish lists because we wouldn't have a clue otherwise?
 
I made this for my son last year.

I have been crocheting up a storm. 4 fancy scarves, one neck warmer, and so far 2 sets of fingerless gloves. I am waiting for the sun to shine again to take pictures and that hasn't happened lately. So, I will leave you with some scenes that you will find at our house at this time of year.


















Our rescue cat, Zeppe, who was unadoptable at the shelter due to a disfigurement caused by a car hitting him as a kitten. The vet patched him up but no one seemed to want him. Roger went to our local nursery for something and they were having a cat adoption day. By the time they were packing up to go back to the shelter, only Zeppe was left. Roger brought him home and he is so lovable and cuddly and handsome in a devilish sort of way, lol.


FROM MY HOUSE TO YOURS I WISH ALL THINGS WONDERFUL TO YOU AND YOURS AND THAT YOU MIGHT KNOW THE JOY THAT IS IN KNOWING CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!