NUBBLE LIGHT 
CAPE NEDDICK, MAINE


WE NEED TO FEEL BAD BEFORE WE CAN FEEL BETTER

It's raining today, it's making inroads in the snow throughout the dog yard where Roger has shoveled pathways all Winter for the dogs.

Mysti

We are down to one dog now. Our little Chloe (see picture on left sideline) went to doggy heaven in December and Mysti joined her this week. We have Lucy

Lucy

who is acting lost without Mysti; not eating, staring at me with sad eyes, and searching around the dog yard for her. They were pals in everything. Roger is taking Mysti's loss hard also but time will allow us to move beyond our grief and get on with living. But right now its really like losing a child. 


Another happening this week....I was involved in a car accident a couple of days ago when a lady backed out of her driveway in front of me. We were driving down a hill with a stop sign at the bottom so I was not driving very fast. I scraped the whole side of my passenger side across the rear of her suv, denting my little car so badly that the door will not stay latched, the mirror and trim were ripped off the side of the car.  My grandson was in the backseat but neither of us nor the passengers in the other vehicle were hurt. My car was hurt big time. We have an appt on Monday with the collision center to get an estimate. 

REBOOTING MY MIND WITH OCEANIC MEMORIES

Taking into account how bad this week has been emotionally I searched  my photo album for something to take me away from home. The picture of the light house is a happy memory. The seagulls calling,  cackling and sailing the skies, the enduring beauty and salty freshness of the ocean and the lighthouse so close you feel if you could get a good running start you could jump the ledges to get to it. Throughout my years of traveling to Maine I have visited Cape Neddick many times. My brother lives there for one thing. This area is soooo beautiful! If you ever get the opportunity to go to Maine take the York-Ogunquit-Wells exit off the Maine turnpike and spend a day exploring and enjoying. I can hardly wait for May when I will be heading back up there. 

Aside from reading murder mysteries and watching our new DVD of season one of BLACKLIST I am still hooking away. My daughter, Judi, loved her chunky poncho, thank goodness. Now I am taking a break from snowflake blocks and am working on a ripple blanket and some other wip blocks. I like having choices. Sometimes I don't feel inspired to continue the project I was working on the day before. 

WIP

Simple little granny blocks....



BEAUTY IN THE MIDST OF SADNESS


WHAT'S BLOOMING IN OUR WALKWAY.

LIGHTING NOT SO GOOD ON THIS RAINY DAY.

So there you have it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!