WINTER, FAMILY, MANDALAS, AND SUNSETS


A COLD DAY ON THE ISLAND, LOOKING OUT FROM OUR FRONT WINDOW.


It's been so long since I've chatted with you! One big reason is because I have been spending a lot of weeks and months in Maine, on Little Deer Isle, with my 90 year old mother. She really should be in an assisted living facility but refuses to budge out of her house, leave her cat or move here (with Bebe the cat) to Pennsylvania with me. She insists she's fine on her own, a manifestation of New England stubbornness..however I've been told that the 🍎doesn't fall far from the tree. :-)  She's had several falls so I'm reluctant to leave her on her own for any great length of time. I spent the holidays; Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's with her. We had one major nor'easter blizzard and several smaller storms not to mention days of COLD, face numbing temps made even colder with the wind chill. Mom's house is almost within a stone's throw from the ocean. In Summer it's lovely to be so close, not so in Winter. 




I treated myself after 2 years of not having internet service at Mom's and had Hughes.net install one of their satellite dishes on the house. It's larger than I imagined, Mom hasn't seen it on the roof yet. I'm thinking she's not going to be to happy to see it up there but it's heavenly to finally have cyber wings again.  She's enjoying it also because when she has a question about anyone on her TV programs I Google and give her juicy tidbits about them. Hopefully this will help my cause when she finally sees the monstrosity on her roof. 

HOME AT LAST 

I MADE THIS PURCHASE FROM EBAY OF A CAPTAIN  LARS PAINTING FROM HIS ESTATE SALE. I WAS VERY PLEASED THAT IT WAS WAITING FOR ME WHEN I ARRIVED HOME . 

I am so happy to be home here in Bethlehem. I went to my hairdresser/stylist first thing and the next day headed up to the Poconos to spend the day with my daughter and grandsons. She and I headed into Stroudsburg and had lunch at the Olive Garden then to BonTons to shop the sales. I like shopping there and I think it's growing a bit on Judi as she gets older. I got home just before dark so it was a long but enjoyable day.


JOSH AND SWEETHEART


YOURS TRULY AND JOSH


GETTING IN THE GROOVE






Here, at home, I was content to be lazy...until the guilt demon landed on my shoulder. I then raced around the house and tried to get as much done in as little time possible; cleaning, sorting, cooking until I collapsed into a blob of exhaustion. That out of the way I returned to "me- time"...the state of happy, contented laziness. 





HOOKY 💘 LOVE


So,  I am working on crocheting a Mandala to use on the coffee table come Spring.





WAIT FOR IT.....



And now the Ta-Da!

UNFINISHED BUSINESS





 I have a blanket that I work on here and there but I'm getting to the point I always reach about three quarters of the way through when I get tired of the project. I have several WIP stashed away that haven't made it to the finish line yet. 



MANDALA MADNESS




 Another enjoyable pass time is the many hours I spend reading crochet blogs, browsing for patterns and thinking and dreaming about yarn, crochet cotton, color combinations and about what I want to cast on next. Since being home I found 2 lovely patterns, sent all the way to England for them. I thought it would take  weeks  for them to get here but they arrived yesterday. Woohoo! I love getting anything HOOKY in the mail! 




In other news this little one was groomed ...


Beautiful Sunsets





Deer are getting fat that we feed at Mom's and a Fox comes once in awhile to eat seeds under the feeders. 





I saw this hawk in a distant tree...





And some WINTER images taken at Mom's, inside looking out. 




Hugs🏡Susan

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!