CAN WE CRAWL BACK INTO OUR CONTROLLABLE ENVIROMENT PLEASE


A few days ago, before the snow, ice and wind storm we had, I stepped outside the house to fill bird feeders. The day was eerily quiet and heavy. I walked down to the shore. It was cold and gloomy.  Out came my little pocket camera to record said gloominess!





You can tell we have had it very cold by the ice on the shore and in the boat. Later I took a drive to Pumpkin Island lighthouse, about a mile from us. Winter was evident there also. All was quiet with all the cottages empty and forlorn.






The next day the snow came. The birds and deer were scrambling to fill their bellies. They knew that freezing rain and dipping temperatures would leave us with a thick layer of ice on everything. I didn't move outside the house for 3 days, just to throw seeds and cracked corn from the deck. My car set where it was until yesterday. The temps had warmed to the high 30's and the rain had melted the snow and a lot of ice.😊 I was so happy to be out and about! Even in the rain! Of course, what's life without it's little frustrations? My tire was almost flat as I drove out of the driveway and my driver windshield wiper was in tatters.










💖IN OTHER WORDS💖



😞WHEN I LISTEN TO THE NEWS😞

Sometimes it seems like our world 🌎, as we know it, is sliding out of control. As I have mentioned before, I am reading the Bible to my mother. In the book of Galations, chapter 5, it gives a list of bad behaviors and then it talks about the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  When I was growing up we didn't need to go to church to learn these. They were taught in the home. It was a time when families still ate around the kitchen table and actually talked. When I think back,  we lived in a controlled environment. There were rules, expectations, boundaries, consequences and fairness. Respect was a biggie. In my family the work ethic was very strong. You know, I actually miss those days because now there's that slippery slope to navigate. It was always there, lurking, but now it's developed an "in your face" attitude. We have to think about what we are hearing  and seeing and measure it against what we were taught (and what we taught our families) and know to be just plain crazy and out of control!



💖AND ONE LAST THING💖




HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY AUTUMN!

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?