Frumpy






Introspection

 A fellow blogger recently wrote about her mundane days and how she feels old, colorless and frumpy. She  wondered why go to the effort of putting on makeup when a mask covers our faces. And why dress in anything besides a Tee shirt and jeans when our days are spent at home or in the car going through drive thru or  a  curbside pick up queue. I realized that she had a point. And I love that word, frumpy. It stuck in my head all day. I'm afraid she hit the nail on the head. I definitely look, dress and feel frumpy. I haven't been to a hair salon since March.  I've gone from short to long hair swept back by a band. Nor had a manicure. I have discovered that dresses are a lot more comfortable in the heat and humidity since seeing a couple that I liked at Walmart.    My mother and the neighborhood ladies used to wear house dresses 50 years ago. I used to wonder why they had no sense of style.  Now all I need is the old fashioned apron that goes around the neck. That's another thing...I now don't mind shopping for clothes at Wal-Mart.  I admit I dress a little better when going out in public or to appointments, etc..I have 3 closets full of clothes. I'm very doubtful that they all still fit me.πŸ˜’ Is this the new normal for me? I keep telling myself I should get a grip! But, truthfully,  I'm not sure I mind being frumpy. Why not, whose gonna see me? Should I care???I'm not sure hubby cares or sees what I wear or how I look. After all, I hit the big 70 last January. Something to ponder while I sit and crochet.😏



Roger and I have just finished watching THE STREET on Acorn. We highly recommend it. I also watched SHETLAND on my own. I loved it!  Now we are going through the complete MISS MARPLE series.  As I crochet I am listening to Liane Moriarty's, NINE PERFECT STRANGERS on Audible. I am at the beginning  but so far I like it. So, what are you watching, reading, and listening to?πŸ’– Do you have any favorite music that you like? This week's favorite is THE HITS OF ROD McKUEN. But I love all genres.

VLOGS.

I have become a night owl. So, although the dogs, cat and I go upstairs around 9:00, I seldom go to sleep before 1 or 2 in the morning. I start out by calling my mother. Then I read my email. Then I visit other blogs and I finish off my night by blocking out Roger's snoring with a set of headphones and  watching my favorite vlogs. Here is my latest list.

CHATEAU DIARIES, SUNDAY AT THE CHATEAU, CADEAUX AT THE CHATEAU, DOING IT OURSELVES, (CAROLINE, MRS M), ESCAPE TO RURAL FRANCE, THE POSITANO DIARIES, HOOKED ON HOPE, SIMPLY MAMA COOKS, MEMORY LANE TRIPS WITH STEVE, KIRSTEN AND JEORG, CHATEAU LIFE, KYLIE FLAVELL,  and my all time favorite...SIMON'S CAT. 

I really can't YouTube SIMON'S CAT if Roger's  asleep because my laughing will wake him up.πŸ’–


 

































Happy September!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!