JOY


 Hello and happy days! I hope that you are feeling JOY in your hearts as we get ready to celebrate Christmas, the birth of Christ .  I saw this display on my way to Ellsworth in a little town called Surry. It was a partly sunny day, the sun was low and peeking through the trees. The next day we had a snowstorm. Winter is now alive and well! 😐 Mom and I are snug as 2 bugs in a rug! We feel so blessed to have everything that we need and we feel very loved with daily deliveries from family and  phone calls from Roger, my daughter, Judi, and my brother, Richard to keep us in the loop. We miss my older brother's presence in our lives. He passed away in April. Mom received a Christmas card from his widow, Kathy, and was quite emotional for the rest of the day.  I think she feels it's unfair that God sometimes takes a mother's child before herself. I'm sure I would feel the same if I was in her shoes.





One day last week was very cold, windy, and SUNNY. So I decided to go out of the house for some fresh air, get the cobwebs out and to see what was happening or not happening. No one was out and about with the exception of one lobster boat going up the Reach with the waves washing over its deck. It must have been freezing out there on the ocean! It was 28 degrees F, not counting in the wind chill, on land. I took my camera with me so I would have a few photos to post. (Well, my time outside was short-lived! Too cold! I came back and jumped in my car to finish the mission!)😯




And these are pictures I took THROUGH MY KITCHEN WINDOW today after I shoveled out from the all day snowstorm we had yesterday. I didn't venture out of the house yesterday! What a day! Today the deer were coming out of the woods looking for seeds. Our three remaining feeders couldn't begin to drop enough seeds so I gave them an early Christmas present by putting out piles of black oil sunflower seeds here and there to avoid trouble from the bullies. 😏 I hope they all went away happy. I counted about 12. Mom loved watching them so that was thanks enough.πŸ’•





I hope you like my photos but most of all I wish you a lovely Christmas no matter what your circumstances. My ongoing prayers for your health and welfare is heartfelt.  πŸ’– Take good care! πŸ’–

This year's Christmas tree in the city of Portland, Maine. I love Portland and would love to live there.









Comments

  1. What a beautiful post and photos. You are blessed to have such a loving family and how wonderful to see the deer through your kitchen window and thank you for caring for them. Happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see all those deer through your kitchen window. Christmas can be a hard time for many as I feel the loss of loved ones comes to the fore at this time of year, especially when they're so recently departed. Wishing you and your family a happy, peaceful and safe Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a Merry and Safe Christmas. I always enjoy your photos, so much and enjoy hearing what is happening in your world. So glad that family keeps in close contact with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, especially of the deer. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got snow and that tree is a beauty! Happy Christmas to you and your Mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! I loved seeing the deer outside your window! Stay warm and safe! Wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! And if I do not always leave a reply please know that I read and treasure each one.πŸ’–

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER IS BEAUTIFUL

HAPPY AUTUMN!